The DarkStorm Chronicles

The DarkStorm Chronicles
In The Absence of Light,...Darkness Prevails

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

It's been a while....

I'm breaking the silence...

It's been a while since I've been able to post anything, not because I'm lazy or anything, it's just that funding problems, drama, and multiple setbacks are continuing to plague me and it's frustrating me to no end.

There's also a personal issue that I'm also dealing with. 

Today at 011:35 hours, an event happened at my civilian job that sent me for a tailspin. I was on-duty, bored to tears and wanting for the hours to slip away so i could return home when some unexpected action occurred. What's that saying,...be careful what you wish for?

I was securing my usual area when an African-American man came staggering around on the opposite sidewalk, I just returned from lunch and i noticed he looked winded and very agitated. I went over to check the situation, when he just started crying out and by the time i actually got to him, he just flat out dropped to the ground, right in front of me and a few other people who were also curious on what the commotion was about. The moment i knelt down and asked him what his major malfunction was, he looked up at me, pained and crying and said, "please help me, help me someone, I've been shot!"

So much for a quiet rest of the day.

I motioned him to lie still while i looked him over, from my point of view, he didn't appear to have any injuries or wounds of any kind. He had apparently dropped in the most ironic places of all....right in front of the hospital parking lot where i work. The few people that had gathered called on their phones for assistance and fortunately 2 of them were nurses. They were checking him over while i redirected traffic that was accumulating in the area. The EMT's from the hospital were called and managed to check him out. The moment the man's jacket was removed, sure enough....he had indeed been shot...twice, in the shoulder. Blood had stained both the front and back of his shirt and the shock of the incident was wearing off fast. He was screaming louder and louder not doubt from the pain he was in. The techs were on him fast though and managed to stabilize him enough to gather information on what happened to him. Apparently, he's a personnel tech, a courier that drops off materials for hospitals and medical facilities. He was doing a run when he stopped at a stop sign and got carjacked. Somehow, the perp(s) got to him, threw him out of his vehicle, and then shot him and sped away. He was indeed fortunate that he was very close to the hospital where he could be treated.

After some additional exchanges of information, the area had calmed down enough for me to gather my thoughts. I'm hoping this individual will make a complete recovery and that local law enforcement will be able to nail the criminals involved. I myself will also be extra vigilant in this area, making sure that stuff like this doesn't happen again.

I really need to step up my game.

DarkShadow Rising...

 

No comments: